Labelling & Logistics
We are one of the leading UK Food Export Management Companies
Smylie Ltd is an award winning family run business with over 15 years experience in the UK Food Export industry. We are one of the UK’s leading Export Management Companies, a ‘one stop shop’ that offers a complete export and rework service. We pride ourselves in removing the complexity of difficult export processes for our customers.
Our product adjustment facilities allow us to specialise in the alteration of product packaging, promotion application, label translation, dating etc. without brands having to commit to changing their packaging for other countries. We will translate and create professional labels, satisfying legal requirements without altering the appearance of the product.
We have expert teams throughout the export chain – from receiving goods in the warehouse, to exporting to any destination. We move over 100 tonnes of air freight and ship around 50 containers of goods monthly.
Our service is reliable – your goods are in good hands! We are ISO 9001 certified and committed to providing a first class export service with exceptionally high customer service focus.
At Smylie we work with many of the leading food manufacturers.
✓ Wirral Business of the Year 2013
✓ Wirral Global Business Award 2014
✓ The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2014
✓ British Chamber of Commerce Regional Exporter of the year 2016 North West
Warehouse & Storage Facilities
We have 30,000 sq ft of warehouse facilities
- 30,000 square feet of warehouse facilities
- Expertise in product consolidation for palletised or handball despatches
- Food grade regulated
- Chilled, frozen and ambient facilities on site
- Modern, racked warehousing facilities
- Stock control facilities
- Shrink wrapping machines
- Alarmed, highly secure premises with both internal and external CCTV
- Off-site monitoring for added security
- UK Food Export
Receipt, Handle & Dispatch
- Goods are expertly unloaded – checked – stored – reloaded
- Pallet movements in the warehouse as required by the customer eg. stock taking
- Identification and checking of stock from consignment notes and product labels
- Pick and pack
- Container and vehicle loading for dispatch
- Date checking of goods
Pick & Pack Storage
- Unloading cases from containers & vehicles
- Sorting cases onto pallets
- Labelling units, cases and pallets
- Storage pending dispatch
- Handling 2 million cases per year
- Re-boxing & re-labelling
- Sorting mixed into single lines
- Returns handling
- All types of labels and sizes available
- Shrink wrapping available
- Special offer packaging e.g. 3 for 2
Labelling & Ink-Jet Application
We prepare products in accordance with any country’s requirements
- Label translation and print facilities – we can translate English ingredients into Arabic, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish and many other languages, and apply any label to each individual item
- Production & best before dating – we can ‘ink-jet’ production and best before dates on every product, carton, sleeve and box
- We will advise, where possible, if ingredients are prohibited in certain countries such as meat, E-numbers, alcohol etc.
- We prepare products in accordance with country requirements
- USA Labelling
- Bespoke label sizes
- Tailored to meet your requirements
We take utmost care in providing the most efficient and reliable service
Our in-house freight management team look after all freight requirements.
They understand international market complexities and the importance of goods being delivered in a timely and secure fashion. We take utmost care in providing the most efficient and reliable service in logistics for packaging, consolidating and shipping goods worldwide.
This is available in a variety of forms, temperature controlled, road, sea, and air freight.
We move an average of 25 tonnes of air freight weekly to various destinations
- We are conveniently located in close proximity to one of the UK’s major airports
- We move an average of 100 tonnes of air freight monthly to various destinations
- We work closely with major Freight Forwarders and airlines, achieving the best possible rates for all of our shipments, to all destinations
- Our premises hold Known Cargo status, which guarantees the highest level of security for all goods held within, as well as a faster, smoother transit through airport traffic
We are conveniently located in close proximity to one of the UK’s major seaports
- We are conveniently located in close proximity to one of the UK’s major seaports
- We ship around 50 containers monthly, working closely with major Freight Forwarders & Shipping Lines achieving highly competitive rates
- FCL, LCL and Reefers
- We can organise and consolidate shipments at our facility for onward shipping to any destination
- All customs & export documentation will be arranged and within the quoted price
- Any Bills of lading required, Original, Express etc. will be within the quoted price and dispatched quickly to ensure prompt clearance at the final destination
- We ensure the fastest transit time for the best possible price
- UK, Ireland & Europe haulage at highly competitive rates
- Economy & Express delivery times available for UK and Europe
- Temperature controlled & ambient vehicles available
- Own dedicated on-site lorry
We aim to provide exporters with a complete ‘one stop shop’ for documentation
Using our expert knowledge of the export documentation market and full back up from the Chambers of Commerce, Embassies, Health Authorities and other government bodies, we are able to provide a comprehensive range of documentation.
We process and complete the following, and many more;
- European Certificates of Origin
- Arab Certificates of Origin
- Legalisation of Commercial Invoices and any other export document by appropriate Chambers of Commerce & Embassies
- Certification of any export document by the Arab British Chamber of Commerce
- EUR1 export documents
- Health Certificates
- Export Certificates
- Certificates of Free Sale
- CVOs / (C16) etc.
- Standard Shipping Note (SSN)
- Dangerous Goods Note (DGN)